About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just write - the fourth -I'mperfect

I'mperfect. miss-spelling totally intended.

Last night, as I lay in bed with grandbaby girl on one side and baby boy on the other....my husband came in and laughed because the only way for him to fit was across the foot of the bed.so he did. We both smiled at each other because it was so imperfect and yet so very perfect.

Our evening routine consists of dinner, bath, fresh pajamas, baba for one...sippie for other....and songs. lots and lots of songs.
As I lay there last night.....both little ones held my hands. grandbaby girl on one side and baby boy on the other. their little fingers softly tracing my fingers. how huge my hands must feel to them. their hands so soft and new still.
I remembered a time...oh so many years ago. The first time i held hands with a boy. He was a rough and tough football player....he was the ripe old age of 16. I was 15 and life was still soft and new. We had gone to the city...an hour away...and we held hands the whole way...our fingers softly traced each others...love was soft and new.
Time flys forward 26 years.
Im surrounded by love. sprawled out in every direction. with babas and sippies, and a rough and tough football coach...same boy turned man. now he's the ripe old age of 42.
As a tear slips down my face, i think....this is where we've always been headed. In my heart I KNOW it. Those first feelings of love so many years ago.Those electrical tingles.... That love was a force that has never stopped energizing my world. That love now will continue into a whole new generation of love. and on. and on. and on.
As I gently placed each little one into their own bed....we turned and fluffed pillows and straightened quilts. Once again just us. I reached for his hand. and it's familiar warmth perfectly matched the love in my heart.



Linking up over at: Just Write at the "EO"

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so sweet. I loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A love post honoring your love. I hope you give a copy to that familiar-handed hubby of yours.

    ReplyDelete