About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011




With a landscaping business, the guys are often the recipients of bountiful blessings of fruit!! Homeowners who tire quickly of TONS of mangos - bring out the boxes and load 'em up!
SO....this past weekend I stood at the sink and peeled...and peeled...and peeled...and cut...and diced....and then stirred...and stirred....(and well you get the picture)
TA DA! Mango Strawberry preserves!
Now with this batch I skipped the sugar (aren't you proud of me?)and used apple juice instead.
It turned out FABULOUS!
I wound up with 3 quarts.....8 pints and 8 mini pints (those cute little jelly jars)
One of the pints we ate straight out of the jar :) YUM!
What a blessing it will be to have a taste of tropical summer even when the mango's are gone!

OH.....my garden is GROWING! Now those of you who have been here awhile following my blog will know what a super HUGE deal this is!
So...I have to beam with pride over my babies all growing green and lush......
I have 8 cucumber plants
5 squash (yellow crookneck)
6 pots of onions
1 large rubbermaid of rhubarb plants
2 HUGE tomato plants
10 smaller tomato plants
1 large pot of spinach
1 large pot of mint
1 large pot of lemon balm

I can't tell you what a thrill it is...I PRAYED big time that I could overcome my black thumb!!! I have read everything I could get my hands on...I water...I talk to them... :)
So...next up....I am going to grow potatoes and sweet potatoes vertically! - it looks easy peasy....circle up wire around some posts...plant the plants...add dirt and mulch as they grow....getting higher and higher...then by the time the plants reach the top of the wire....they are happy and green..then they die off - you tip the pillars over and harvest the potatoes! YAY!
I'll keep ya updated!



Well - off and running!
~With all my heart - thanks for visiting!
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Won't you be, won't you be, please won't you be my neighbor :) Got to LOVE the kindness of others when they have more than they can use. I have zucchini, yellow squash, and a few eggplant coming home with hubs that a co-worker couldn't eat up. I only did tomatoes and peppers this year because we will be gone so much. Enjoy those preserves. My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete