About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

if wishes were fishes we'd eat well tonight


Lol - the title doesn't have much to do with the post - it's just something my grandma used to say and when I sat down to type this post - I thought...
"I wish I had something really valuable to say" and yep...that line popped right into my head :)
I fell off the atkins wagon when hubs was in the hospital icu and i'm finding it impossible to get back at it. I'm so tired that it just feels like TONS of extra work.
Then i feel worse because seriously? I HAVE to get into better shape! (less pumpkin shape more carrot?) lol
I excitedly look at each of the new posts on my "dashboard" every day and then realize...I'm upset when I don't see new posts from some of my faves...I actually feel like I "MISS" them when they're gone...and yet I'm the WORST at posting regularly!
Should I do a recipe post? A photo post? An "update" post(those seem boring even to me!)Crafting? Cause...I LOVE all of those from other people - i just don't seem to have found my "niche" yet.
I feel like a fraud if I post things "religious" or "homeschool" or "marriage" or "parenting" simply because there are so many days that I feel i may be the last person on the planet to give advice at something i'm doing so poorly at myself
I think of things to post - but then think...no...that may offend my few followers and I don't do confrontation or EVER offend people if at all possible.....but does that make me luke warm?
sigh.
see where my mind takes me? (and if you do..can you come get me? I'd like to go home!lol)
So -
in a nut shell (emphasis on the word nut)
Our family is still in crisis/survival mode and hubs is NOT any better heart health wise.
We have all gone through the stomach flu in the last two weeks and i think its making its second round (nooooo!!)
Our 17 year old is home - mystery solved! NOSY parent of his x-girlfriend totally messed with his head - told him we were brain-washing him and "oppressing" him because we did not want him to choose from a variety of religions. (oh and homeschooling - only cults do that!?) sigh. Poor thing - I felt bad for him when the truth came out. Adults need to keep their stupid opinions to themselves - and work on their own kids!!!
Our daughter has a new job that she seems to like - this is good. still living with the guy we don't approve of. that's not good.
She believes we'll grow to love him - it's hard to explain that the way they are handling things even now will make that difficult at best!
Our family business is okay. trying to keep up with Dave still being sick..
My work is okay. Thank you God for the bi-weekly pay checks!
May be facing a move soon. Paying more than we can afford for rent. :( We've been there 5 years. Truly feels like home - but we MUST make good financial decisions.
to move would be a good one - not an easy one - but a good one all the same.
Pray for us on that one!
I have "met" some great new people through blog-land lately - and their encouragment and a simple "been there, done that, survived it!" has been SO meaningful!
Seriously - I don't comment on EVERYONES blog I read - but if you're here - please consider leaving a comment - it's so lovely to hear from you!!

So - that's the wishes & fishes post!
We start little league baseball with two of the littles tonight. Busy Busy! :)

Thanks for "listening" ie.reading...
With all my heart -
Michelle

5 comments:

  1. I've always heard: If wishes were fishes, the beggars would eat...if wishes were horses, the beggars would ride. :)
    Well, glad to hear some things are ok (your son back) and sad others not so much (husband's health, etc).
    I too feel so unworthy to blog about much - so I admittedly just blog to share what I'm learning on my journey of life - and sharing whatever God lays on my heart. Funny how my brain formulates blog posts in my head - and I just know I need to write them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thats probably the REAL way to say it. Probably still fits my blog today :) feel like a beggar today. oh and i am half asleep......zzzz. MUST get more sleep at night....that's when my foggy brain comes up with everything under the sun and won't let me rest! :( Conny - I enjoy your blog! keep up the good work!
      M

      Delete
  2. I'm starting to think that we are WAY too alike--eerily so!! LOL!! Sometimes blogging is just too hard when we want to be the ones who have it all together but life is crumbling down around our heads!

    Praying that your husband will feel better soon and giving thanks for the good stuff coming out of the difficult situations in your life. :-) As for waiting for the older children to "come around" I can only pass on the advice given to me... "All in good time". (my pretty!! lol!) Hoping that life continues to look up for you!! (((((Hugs!!)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have a hard time reading the "perfect people" blogs. probably spend a lot of time muttering under my breath too LOL
      love the wizard quote - there ARE days when I KNOW "we're not in Kansas anymore toto!" :)

      Delete
  3. Hi there, to your question, I always love seeing pictures of blogs, make every post more fun :-)

    I feel like I was able to post somewhat regularly lately but haven't got much time to read post from my favourite bloggers :-(

    We have been hit by the cold/flu thing here too :-(

    Gotta go, those girls are suppose to be in bed, are seeking out of their room, never a boring moment here, hehe!!!

    ReplyDelete