About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Monday, October 22, 2012

stories...

I remember as a child - hearing the story of how the people - when Moses went up on the mountain - how they almost immediately FORGOT the goodness and provision of God. And I was amazed at how quickly they forgot. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ I remember hearing the story of Mana...and how the people had NO doubt that it was from God...but soon grew tired of the blessing...and wanted MORE.MORE.MORE. And I was amazed at how quickly they grew selfish. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ I remember hearing story after story about how pride, selfishness, anger, etc... can cause SO much damage. And I remember thinking I "GOT IT" when the story ended. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ But now..... As a mother. As a wife. As a woman. As an adult. I know in my heart and in my life - How quickly I can forget the blessings. How quickly I can grow selfish/angry/prideful/forgetful/demanding.......wanting MORE. Today my prayer is that I remember to STOP and give thanks. NO matter how things are. NO matter how finances are. NO matter what my kids are up to. NO matter what life brings.... Because GOD is still working - He doesn't have the "blessing amnesia" that I often have. He is still LOVING. He is still working all things for good. Some days.... I just need to step back and look for the mana :)

1 comment:

  1. Well said!! :-) I've had those same exact thoughts too. I've wondered how in the world can those ungrateful people, who witnessed up close and personal some pretty awesome miracles, so quickly grumble and doubt??? It boggles the mind. And yet I have been known to grumble (maybe just a little) when the going gets tough. Maybe I don't say it out loud by my heart groans. Sometimes we have a hard time remembering when we are "in the valley" where our vision is limited and memories quickly get skewed. Sigh.

    In 1993 we were flooded and we stayed in an RV park for several weeks. The Red Cross provided meals to the campground guests who were flood "victims". They always gave us lots and LOTS of food because we had five children (at that time) with another on the way and they wanted to make sure our family had enough to eat. :-) It was sweet really. But sometimes it wasn't food that was well liked by the children and there were shells in the eggs occasionally. But we tried our best to be grateful. They gave us loads of boxed food too that lasted for months too. We called all this our "manna" and at times it was our only food. :-)

    Sometimes I think our ungratefulness comes from having too much not too little. You know?

    I've been meaning to send you that e-mail but I've been swamped--with no let up in sight! Sigh. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it soon though. :-)

    Hope you made it through Sandy ok!!

    Thinking of you!! Love, Kris

    ReplyDelete