Just was sitting here (amidst many braxton hicks)...down to 6 more weeks of work and 7 more weeks (although probably more like 8 knowing that my kiddos never arrive early)of pregnancy. What a blessing this pregnancy has been. This weekend we are having a "family" party - it's listed as a family shower...but that sounds weird! lol
Our 18 year old son got married this winter and they are expecting a baby girl in August..
Our 21 year old daughter is getting married this October.
We are excitedly awaiting our baby boy around the 4th of July!
So it's a double wedding shower, double baby shower!
I read a friend's blog and she was telling some of the "marriage advice" she has learned over many years of marriage.
This got me thinking....what are my "RULES" of a good marriage?
Here goes -
1. NEVER EVER threaten divorce. It is just hurtful and scaring to our hearts -and it even causes doubt in our own minds.
2. Love even when they are at their worst - because WE are often at ours!
3. Know that WE are not perfect and do NOT expect them to be!
4. Strive to tell them how much you love them (even in those bad times...and there WILL be bad times!)
5. Have sex. Work on keeping it exciting and even when it's something you think "REALLY? NOW? CAN'T I JUST SLEEP?" do it. It's important. It keeps your hearts tied to each other.
6. Do little things for each other. Sometimes you can do BIG things - but every day you can do SOMETHING!!
I tell my kids - It is NOT all just flowers and candy. You WILL wake up one morning (or perhaps many in a row) and look at the person next to you and think "UGH! Really? Forever?" but it's having the strength to LOVE through those times....till it all circles back around to flowers and candy and giggly love. That's marriage! That's commitment!!!
That is TRUE LOVE!
So...how bout you? What are your "rules" or "advice"??
- Michelle G
- I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!