About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's a whole new day



Each morning I look forward to some of the blogs I'm "subscribed" to - Ann Voskamps blog Holy Experience is a touching journal of her family's challenges and celebrations. I find myself longing for a couple hundred acres of farm land often when reading it. More than that however, I find myself touched by her honesty and the beauty of her writing. I absorb the photos wishing our home looked and felt like hers - a "nest" of love and worship. More often than not my own home is more like a "nest" of hornets - everyone bellowing about someone touching someone, someone doing something worth tattling on or even worse in the sibling book of law - someone SMILING - gasp! I know...the horror!!!! :)


All too often I re-act rather than pre-act.


I yell before I think


I think and think and think and act and act and act WAY before I pray....


sigh....


my consolation on those days is a quote I once heard about "perfect parenting"...


If God - being perfect - is our parent and yet can have such wild, willful, whiny (and often rotten acting) children like us....how can we expect to have perfect children? sigh....


At least we know HE understands! :) And that is good enough for me :) (most days at least)

From my heart......

Michelle

P.S. you'll note that the bigger brother is actually holding the little one by the ear to keep him still - I assure you arguing broke out just after the photo was snapped :) OY!

1 comment: