About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What? You thought breastfeeding got easier? ME TOO!


Okay - I just wanted to point out that for some weird reason I thought that baby #6 would be a breeze - you know....I've had breastfeeding "issues" with each of #'s 1-5 so #6 couldn't possibly throw anything new my way right? WRONG! He's 6months old now and we're JUST NOW settling down into a nice (virtually pain-free) nursing pattern! You name it - we faced it in the last 6 months. Anyone who thinks nursing is "super easy" is either 1. a bold face liar or 2. So amazingly blessed. Generally I think that nursing is for the extreemly hard-headed among us! :)

Inspite of *colic*thrush*acid-reflux*low low weight-gain*poor latch*blisters*yeast infections*blisters*cracks that looked like ....CRATERS*did I mention blisters???*supplementing*pumping*teeth(4 of 'em by 5mo.!!)and oh...blisters....we are STILL nursing.

Now I will be the first to tell you that my entire family has probably been scarred by the first two months of crying (mine - not the babies ;) and who knows if they would recommend breastfeeding to their future spouses (hopefully all my grandbabies will nurse inspite of my "challenges")

I do sincerely hope that they'll realize how very important it was to me - to the baby - to us all in the end :) I pray that they see the good for all of the crazy :)

I just want to let others out there know....if it isn't easy - you're NOT alone :) and yes....I'm still looking for the instruction booklet that I'm sure was supposed to come along with each of these kiddos who are each SO different!

My heart goes out to you -

Michelle
p.s. doesn't the graphic look lovely? and easy? tee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment