About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Bless it forward....

Some time ago - I decided to set aside a little extra money each pay check (not tithe money...not emergency money...)and yes it was a VERY little....but I thought - one thing that makes me truly happy - is that feeling that i've somehow made someone ELSE happy!
LIFE CAN BE SO VERY DAILY....ya know?!

That whole "pay it forward" type of thing... I've always wanted to tell some struggling mom in line at the grocery store...you know the one...scraping quarters from her purse to pick up that gallon of milk or dozen eggs..."Hey..I've got this one covered!" and just pick up the tab.
Why? Because I've been there!

Or hand some newly-wed looking couple a roll of quarters at the laundry mat - why? because I've been there!

I'd like to be the lady who leaves a BIG tip for a cheap cup of coffee - knowing that the waitress is just barely surviving - why? yeah..you know the answer!

But I realized that unless I intentionally set aside a couple extra dollars with that very intention....I'll never get to do it!

So - today I zipped over to ebay and got a little thing to send to a "friend" whom I've never met...only by blog...
It's nothing huge. but you'd think it was Christmas for me. lol I am so excited that she's gonna get a little package for her new house. and i pray that her family is blessed by it!! HOW FUN!!! :)

so...
maybe my "snapoutofit" challenge is simply going to be...to live more INTENTIONALLY.
Intentionally save money.
Intentionally give money.
time.
love.
& even just smiles.
INTENTIONALLY!
I'm gonna intentionally snapoutofit! :)

How about you? What do you want to intentionally do?

3 comments:

  1. that's so awesome, michelle! i love this idea!! even though it seems my own family "needs" so much, i'm sure i too can set aside "a very little" for someone else!!! gonna have to think about this challenge because i just think it is great - time to focus on someone else for a change - just what i need to do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YAY! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! I thought how fun it would be to keep a list - but then I worried someone somewhere would think it was bragging. I just think I'd love to see all the fun ideas one can come up with when you are INTENTIONALLY looking for ways to help others with a little set aside for JUST THAT! :)

      Delete
  2. I confess that the more I get to know you the more I feel we are just way too alike!! Lol!!

    Just a week and a half ago I had a "nudge" to go check our account balance while sitting in the grocery store parking lot. I hadn't even gone into the store yet. Sure enough I had forgotten to account for our insurance draft and our account was in the hole! Fortunately I had caught it in time, before it cleared, and saved us an overdraft fee. Thank you Lord!! That's not usually how that kind of scene plays out though. No matter how I try to "do better" sometimes the unforseen just jumps on me when I least suspect it. :-P

    Even with all of the financial trouble we have had I still feel so blessed!! Even being dead broke/husband unable to work/living at the mercy of family, etc... I still feel so blessed!! Our own needs are so great (sometimes it seems hopelessly so--but either we find that somehow our needs are met or that they weren't really needs after all!) at times but we give a lot of stuff to Goodwill and try to bless others when we see a need. But I think I will try to follow your example and purposely set aside a percentage for blessing from my eBay sales and stuff. I'm slowly working toward being able to open a booth at the resale store up the road from us and this would apply to that as well!! :-)

    Sorry I haven't been by sooner but my computer time has pretty much been nonexistant lately!! But I'm thankful for all the excuses I have for that!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete