About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"The Snapoutofit!Challenge"

Okay - so surprise surprise we survived the financial crisis of last post. sigh.
I KNOW at the time we'll survive...but you all know what it feels like when you're THERE.
dark.and.lonely!
Often, motivational speakers will ask - what can you do about this? and if you ever say "nothing" they're TRAINED to say "well what if you could?"
Suddenly you have unleashed the brain the Good Lord gave you to start figuring out HOW you can make something better.
Do you know what I've decided?
I have many many items around my home that I can sell for as low as a dollar (and make someone very happy) and still bring income into our family savings account.
BOOKS especially.
Things I am not using currently - cloth diapers - baby clothes - etc.etc.etc.etc.
Home school stuff that I haven't used in years - but for some reason...I hold onto it.
BOOKS (did I mention BOOKS?) lol
So I have decided to set a goal of listing at least 10 things a week either on craigslist or Ebay.
I have things I've picked up along the way (a fabulous hat in a hat box) (a drum set) with the thoughts of re-selling it.
and there they sat in storage.
sigh.
well NO more!
As Cher said in the movie Moonstruck
"Snapoutofit!" :)
So - I'll keep you all updated - I'm gonna try to figure out how to keep a running total of the $ made right up until December over on the side of the page.....hmmmmmm.....
Blessings and love to you all!
With all my heart
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I wish my husband would let go of some of his books ... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - the last two puppies sold....THANK YOU LORD! Moving right along!.......keeping up with the savings challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so excited for you, selling on Craigslist is so easy. We sold some furniture last week and made almost $200! It's amazing what happens when you look around your house and see stuff you probably could do without...

    ReplyDelete