About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This is NOT a before and after pic LOL :)




I started the first day of the "couch to 5k" running program.

First of all my life saying has thus-far consisted of "you only run if something is chasing you and even then if you don't think you can stand tough and hurt it first"
so....when my friend (also plus sized & anti-exercise) DID this program and now thinks of herself as a runner - read.....runs 8+ miles a day (WHAT??)
I thought ........hmm.....maybe just maybe I could try it?!

so yesterday was day one....
now I'm not so sure that starting it on a day when I'm all snotty and croupy was the best idea - kinda my line of thinking was "how could I feel any worse?"
UM....yeah...it WAS possible.

who knew your heart could beat that hard and NOT jump out of your chest?

Seriously though....it was do-able!
I REALLY want to do this.
I can't remember the last time I was even relatively in shape. - well ROUND is a shape that's true.....
I have finally gotten past "hating" the way I look - I am SO very thankful that God gave me a body that has birthed 6 babies - that is truly a gift. This I know!
Now I'd like to get healthier - be able to play more with those 6 :)

So.....I'll be keeping you updated - and you can keep me going (just knowing that someone out there KNOWS what I'm doing will give motivation :)
Wish me luck - keep me in your prayers - next stop - 13 weeks to a 5K!?
yeah...still giggle when I say that - we shall see ;)

With all my heart ~
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. You have a great sense of humor and writing stile :-) First I would like to say that you look gorgeous in the first picture the second one (the muscle man/lady) scared me a little!!!!

    You are right you are in *shape* but getting healthier for keep up with the little one is great regardless of the *shape* it will get you into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do that too....but whew! it's too hot here. Dont tell my dh i even uttered it or he will make me start. LOL. he's always after me to run with him.

    ReplyDelete