About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Thursday, November 4, 2010


I saw another blog about "entitled" people.
It's such an ugly trait that we humans have - feeling "entitled" to absolutely anything....
How many times in traffic does someone cut me off and I'm angry about it?!
Do I show love then? UM...NO....
What about when someone in line at the grocery store has 30 items in the 10 item or less lane - do I show love to them? UM...not usually!
Do people REALIZE what an UGLY thing it is to assume that they are ENTITLED?

I receive hundreds of calls a day - I have dozens of appointments and the people who are genuine - the "real" people are a breeze compared to the ones who "demand"!

How often am I like that to God?!
Demanding what I feel I am "Entitled" to.......what I think I "deserve".......
what if I got what I really deserved??
Wouldn't that literally be Hell?! L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y?

How do you deal (show love to) those "sandpaper people" you know ....the ones who just rub ya the wrong way?!
Any suggestions?
Because at the end of days like this one was.........I really really wonder.......

I look forward to your insight.....

With all my heart ~
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. As a family we have been learning about meekness (the only character quality Jesus used to describe Himself) and giving up our rights. After reading the book The Pineapple Story by Otto Koning, we listed our "rights" and then each prayed to give these rights to the Lord. It was a wonderful lesson! Along those same lines, I remind myself and my children: The true test of a servant is how you respond when treated like one. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete