About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy end of 2010!


Lets see...Last January found me a thousand months pregnant (nope...just felt like it) and on January 13 Malachi was born. I had 12 weeks maternity leave and it felt like it would last forever - was wonderful but..it FLEW by!

In one year we've added two little new people to our family :) - Malachi AND Jazmine.
Baby and grandbaby!

Our 19 year old daughter is now being "courted" by a young man in Ohio.
(Dad has decreed that January 2011 is officially "correspondence month" - NO more than 1/2 hour on the phone a day - all other must be hand written letters - this is HUGE!!!)

Our 16 year old played his first year of football for a local private school - he LOVED it and is super serious about getting into shape and practicing DAILY for next year!

Our 10 year old is quite the outdoors kid! He got a moped for Christmas from friends and he is on it NON stop (when he's not out climbing trees or fishing at the end of the road!)

Our 7 year old is the official side-kick for the 10 year old (pete and repeat!)
Although he has NO FEAR and often does things that turns my hair gray! "Does all his own stunts!"

The baby is now approaching 1 year old and is starting to dance when he hears music (love it!!) and thinks he is running simply because he throws his hands behind him.

"Dad" is working on being healthy. Has lost a lot of weight (grrr why is it always so easy for guys?! ;0) and is concentrating on HEALTH not weight!!! Is working with the 16 year old with weight training and reaping the benefits as well! ;)

Our oldest son is still trying to find himself (sigh) and has had a difficult year. I pray that now that he has TWO daughters he will realize his responsibilities and live up to them....not avoid them. He is a hard worker and a smooth talker. We know he is going to be something WONDERFUL as soon as he lets God work through him. His girlfriend (we stress WIFE after having 2 kids together)is a hard worker and a good mama. She is new to all this - so it hasn't been easy. (and she had NO example from her childhood - so she is doing WONDERFULLY considering...)

Nina is 18 months old now - quite the busy little miss :) I love her more than I thought possible. Being a mema is the BEST!!
Jazzy is 1 week. Looks like a little eskimo baby. Can't seem to get enough of her either! "total mema love" I tell you!!!

Our lawn care business is growing very well. This was a venture that was suggested by our 16 year old. Officially owned by he and dad!

I am still at the office job. There are most days when I love LOVE LOVE the job. It is a mission at heart. It helps so many people! But of course there are days when I find it takes minute by minute concentration because my heart is wanting to be home with my babies. Life takes so many twists and turns.....I KNOW that God provided this job and I AM thankful for it.
I hope to learn to make soap this year :) - somewhat worried about it because it requires handling caustic materials (you should have seen me ordering lye!!)
And I guess just the usual - "be a better christian, wife, mom, friend, worker etc.."
- wow you'd be amazed at how many times I had to re-order that list before I thought it was right! -

Oh and I hope to start my book this year. Maybe that's not commitment enough. Maybe I should say I PLAN on writing each week on my book?! better huh?!
And of course blogging - :)

So...as we wrap up 2010...all I can say is WOW time sure flies huh?!?!

Give all your loved ones....well...... LOVE and LOTS OF IT!!
KNOW that we will NEVER regret time spent WITH our loved ones - just the times we missed out on!

With all my heart ~
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. what kind of a book are you writing?

    new grandbaby...AH!

    Juice turns one on teh 9th. wow...i didnt realize they were so close in age. she just started dancing to music too but no walking...YET...she's almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY! Major accomplishment! We found out yesterday that grandbaby #3 is on the way (my 16 month old will finally have a niece or nephew who is younger than him)! We were recently given a 5 gallon bucket of lye, so I think we'll be learning to make soap too :)
    It is amazing how much we have in common!
    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubble gum? That's terrible. And especially so when you are away from home. We live 30 miles from everywhere and when I have a mishap I basically have to live with it till we get home!

    We had 2 babies born in one year too. My first granddaughter was born 11 months before my youngest. They both were girls. And to add to the fun I had 5 girls 6 and under when she was born and her other grandma had a baby girl the same year. So we had all 3 girls in less than a year. She fits in perfectly with our 5 youngest girls. It's a blast.

    ReplyDelete