About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Monday, April 4, 2011


DIDJA KNOW!!?? One of the yummy things in my Florida Keys prize basket/bag/box :) will be the "fixins" for a Key Lime pie!....
First of all let me tell those of you who do NOT know...key limes are NOT green!
If you EVER get a slice of key lime pie and it's green....send it back! lol
We "keys kids" do not mess around with GREEN pie! &
Seriously people PLEASE do not deface your key lime pie with that green lime next to it :) this is JUST a stock photo....

The following is a little info on the history of Key Lime pie!! - enjoy!


Key lime pie was invented in the late 19th century in Key West, Florida. The creator of key lime pie is unknown. It was believed that William Curry, a ship salvager and Key West's first millionaire, had a cook named Aunt Sally. Aunt Sally created the pie. However, some believed that Sally changed the pie that local sponge fishermen already created.[4]

The first recipe for key lime pie was recorded in the 1930s. Key lime pie is made with canned sweetened condensed milk, since fresh milk was not a common commodity in the Florida Keys before modern refrigerated distribution methods. Fresh milk, ice, and refrigeration wasn't available. Cooks had to rely on condensed milk before the railroad and Overseas Highway were built in the 20th century.[5]



So...don't forget to check out the party! (click on the button that says "PARTY 2011" next to this post!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. Sounds interesting!! I have never even tried this pie in my life. Someday I think I should!!

    ReplyDelete