About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

na na na na I can't hear you.....? Really?


Do you have someone in your life who asks for your advice but NEVER takes your advice? I DO!!!
I'm sorry but after awhile I just want to say "you're not going to LISTEN to what I say...why do I bother to talk to you?" "you seem to LOVE drama in your life...so you're only going to do stupid things that bring MORE drama!" "I don't want drama in my life - so please don't drag me into YOUR drama!"

I know.
I'm ranting.
I know.

The mother of my grandbabies....
She is ALWAYS in panic mode about the girls - "THE BABY IS CRYING" yes...she's a baby...you have to HOLD her sometimes.....NO you don't have to take her 2 hours away to a specialty hospital..........she's only 3 months old and you give her 8 oz bottles of anything and everything? Cranberry juice? Really? oh my....with oatmeal mixed in? hmmm sounds like I'd cry too...perhaps I will now.....
"THE OLDER ONE IS NOT LISTENING TO ME" yes...she's almost two years old...she's just seeing what she can get away with...NO it's not ADHD! You NEVER tell her no....EVER? Well yes..that may prove to be a problem!
You NEVER feed them anything but fast food? YES that may be a problem!
You ask my advice and then NEVER EVER actually listen?
it. may. be. a. problem.

no...don't mind me I'm just banging my head on my desk....carry on.
I look forward to the next call at 3am
and of course the weekends when I have the girls...and there's no issues. SERIOUSLY no issues...........what's that? can I just keep them all the time except the times that you want to take them out for fast food...drop them off at 11pm? "forget" to pick them up? OH you don't like that I'm not too keen on that idea so you leave them with your mother who was passed out cold the last time I went to pick them up from her...and I COULD NOT wake her up?

that.may.be.a.problem.


any advice blogger friends?
I promise to at least listen!

M I'm off to eat my chocolate now...lol :)

4 comments:

  1. oh my ... don't know much about dealing w/ a d-i-l -but do know about people who don't listen to GOOD SOLID ADVICE!! Saw many of them come thru when I was a church secretary ... got counseling from our pastor & walked out & continued to screw up their lives :(
    I will pray with you!!! Have you talked to your son about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....my son is even worse (trouble with the law etc...) I am proud to say that she left me and went right to my husband who said the EXACT same things I did :) Thank you Honey!! :)
    Sometimes....people are looking for the person who will give them the advice they WANT to hear....so if the pastor doesnt tell them what they want to hear...they discount GOOD SOLID WISE counsel. SO sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!

    I, too, am dealing with a very serious situation with an "adult child" who is not listening to any "good advice". She has other adults in her life who think they are God, and she has completely turned her back on any wisdom from dad, mom, and all of the older siblings. It's a scary situation.

    I, too, found myself with a pile of empty chocolate wrappers this week (and even wrote a blog post about it).

    So sorry!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel - I think they just tell us about the "terrible twos" because if they told us about the "terrible twentys" we may panic! :)

    ReplyDelete