About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

growing up and going away

Our children learning and growing is a wonderful thing to watch.
But what happens when your children go FAR away from your family beliefs.
Do YOU have an older teenager or adult who seems to be trying one avenue after another just to disappoint you?
Boy I do!
Do YOU want to shake them and tell them they are doing WAY more damage to themselves than they ever could do to you?
Boy I do!
Do YOU....oh well - if you do...then you know what I mean without me going into any more of a rant.
So...since I have two (EDIT>>>THREE) adult children who are sadly trying to do everything the hard way or the destructive way - what advice, if any, do I have?
RUN NOW
no just kidding ;)
A very good friend once told me
"As loving parents we are to provide them what they NEED - NOT what they WANT"
Like toddlers - they feel they are the center of the universe.
So, much like a parent of a toddler - there are times when a "time out" is needed.
When a little distance is good.
Time for re-evaluation.
After all.....no one said parenting was easy!
With all my heart -
Michelle

EDIT: I have 3 adult children who seem to want to put me into an early grave.
Someone told me I "brought it on myself" having so many kids.
Really?
Cause at this point if it weren't for the other 3 that I still have SOME hope for....I think I'd start walking and go till I fell off the edge of this flat earth.
;( with many tears and all my heart.
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment