About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I love you...a bushel and a peck...


My mom used to sing that song to me...."a bushel and a peck and a hug around your neck"... My kids got a mothers day card for me this year and when I opened it - that is the song it played. A song handed down from generation to generation.
Love passed down from one momma to another to another. When we speak to our children...to other peoples children...to "grown up" children what are we passing down to the future? What will that legacy be?
Anger? Resentment? or will it be forgiveness and love?
Intolerance and rage? or will it be grace and peace?
Today and everyday - Lord help me to remember that my words can be a gift or a dagger.
I can lift up or destroy.
Please help me to remember what I want to leave behind is love.....
by the bushel and by the peck!

With all my heart....
M

No comments:

Post a Comment