About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Rain Rain........oh please stay...............







Today is a day much like yesterday - rain! Glorious rain! This is one of those rain storms that you feel the earth drink long and deep - the dark overcast days where you feel your soul drink long and deep.
On this wonderful Monday morning I am reminded over and over of all the beautiful things I am thankful for.

Rain.......dark clouds and even thunder

Days spent snuggling in the big bed reading books out loud, watching funny movies and having family discussions.

Laughing with the little boys as we all go into the jacuzzi IN the rain - warm water AND cold rain drops mixing.

Holding each child in the jacuzzi and whispering "secrets" in their ears while I look at their collected prizes (bruise from jumping a ramp, scratch from swinging in the trees)

Telling each one how they are "my very favorite________" (insert their name here)

Jamming into the car and going to the book store to get the next book in a series that we read at bedtime.

Having "DAD" home all weekend to ourselves (mostly because of the rain - a rare treat indeed as usually there is work to be done!)

Singing songs to my grandbaby and watching her "bop" up and down to the music.

Watching as my grandbaby kisses everyone sweetly before bed - Her little ruffle skirt sticking out because of her big old "diaper butt" ;0)

Pulling a nursey baby up against me in the middle of the night and realizing that he is now old enough to open his mouth up like a little bird and wait for momma to get situated.

Dear Dear hubby rolling up against me and reaching over to pat the baby as he's still nursing.

THIS IS LOVE
THESE ARE ALL BLESSINGS THAT I AM SO TRULY THANKFUL

WITH ALL MY HEART ~
M

No comments:

Post a Comment