About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Thankful MONDAY


Wow - today started at a run and it's been insane all day.
I am just now at 1pm getting my cup of coffee - how did I ever make it this long without it? :)

Today is Monday - the day where I join with Ann Voskamp from Holy Experience http://www.aholyexperience.com/ to make a list of the MANY blessings that I have....Today is a great day for it!
What better way to relax with a cup of (((AAHHHH)))) coffee!

baby boy sitting in the kitchen sink for a bath

grandbaby girl "dancing" while I sing to her

sitting in the front yard taking pictures of bicycles that "fly" off of ramps and claping wildly for the "men" who make them fly

my 9 and 6 year old who feel that they are now MEN because they jump "super high" ramps :)

my coffee mug that has the drawing on it from my 6 year old showing he and I holding hands along with a heart shaped world with i (heart) you on it.

my baby who now reaches up for me when I call his name.

who now makes unh unh noises somewhat like laughter when he knows he's about to be nursed and I'm not getting it to him fast enough.

2 boston terrier puppies born last friday night at our home (to a momma dog who the previous owners mistreated - and yet she's a beautiful nurturing momma to her "twins")

kisses in the middle of the night when the house is quiet and still...

Each beat of my heart that tells me that each of my "gang" is a gift from God
James 1:17

fresh eggs

hydroponic hibiscus flowers

seeing how many kids can fit into a jacuzzi - and then adding mom and dad - loud laughter when the water has no where to go but OUT! :)

hearing the (calm) voice of my best friend as I get all weepy about my day and him telling me he'll be home earlier than he expected so (again) don't worry about dinner - he's got it covered.
(did I mention he is ever so much better at this parenting (life in general) thing than I??:))

being married to him for almost 25 years - nothing worth having is easy - and 25 years certainly is NOT EASY! But it really is such a blessing!


Having a good job - that (at least most days) allows me to help people in need.

Having a great friend who works with me - and is also my "boss"

Having a daughter who is going to be 19 tomorrow! WOW - I'm off and running - gotta make plans - gotta do something big (hmmmmm howabout a 19 layer cake?) LOL - j/k

don't forget to count your blessings too!!! :)
with all my heart ~
M

1 comment: