About Me

My photo
I am a momma of 6 :) I have one grand-daughter who is 2 and a half and one who is 9 months!!...my youngest son is 6 months younger than the older one and 1 year older than the baby :) We homeschool and we are always on the go! I like to joke and say we are "addicted to chaos"! Long story short - we are parents of kiddos every age imaginable (almost) and like everyone else...We're learning as we go along! Thank the Lord...He's forgiving and LOVING - 'cause we're truly undeserving of all the wonderful gifts He's given to us!

Friday, August 13, 2010

In celebration of.............schedules (or lack thereof)


When I was asked (oh say for the millionth time in 25 years of wedded bliss (cough..sputter..laugh...oh and trust me dear hubby would cough sputter and laugh too!!!!)"Please make a schedule for everyone and MAKE THEM stick to it!") I did. ....again. I should have a doctorate in schedule making! People should sincerely hire me to make schedules - I'm excellent at making them - full color - time blocked - totally efficient! I'm probably not much past kindergarten on living by one though. sigh . (lots of head shaking going on here)

So the "ideal" schedule starts at 5am - I can't even type that time on this blog without squinting my eyes in pain. I cringe for I KNOW that most nights are still filled with my baby remora (A remora (pronounced /ˈrɛmərə/), sometimes called a suckerfish or sharksucker create suction and take a firm hold against the skin of larger marine animals - LOL this is such a great mind picture since Malachi now has 7teeth at only 7 months old!)
The chances of me being able to get up and NOT wake him up are...well pretty much zero. So...my 5:30 schedule item of exercise would only make him & me nutso cause really who can nurse on a treadmill? lol -I know...someone can...just evidently not me :)

by the time I would be able to get him settled back down I'm sure the time slots for shower and make a fabulous breakfast (this is a fantasy schedule for sure :)would be gone and I'd be close to the time of "get dressed and RUN RUN RUN to the car or you're going to be late AGAIN for work"
Somehow....I see the kids eating cold cereal either way. One way I get a bit more sleep (yes I'm out of shape - but what shape can I really hope for after 6 kids?) and a much kinder more rested mother handing them their bowls and spoons?!

sigh

"DAD" is such a good parent - perfectly keeps them on schedule - gets SO very much accomplished. Has time and energy to "do it all" and so much more.
I love him dearly (although some days his "perfectness" makes me hate him)but even after 25 years I can't seem to be him.
I'm the parent who wakes the kids up at 3 in the morning to go christmas shopping at an all night store and then to a 24/7 diner for breakfast - only to go home and let eveyone sleep in until noon.
I make memories - he makes structure. - Somehow the kids will be fine through it all - both because of it and inspite of it ;)

So as I head back to the drawing board for a "new and improved" schedule I will try to balance (balance, juggle, shift - this feels like the exercise of my days) and I will try to remember that any day spent filled with love is excellent!!!- scheduled or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment